Tips for passwords:
- Instead of a password, consider using a pass phrase that is at least 12 characters long.
- Use upper and lower case, numbers, and special characters.
- Do not use the same password across multiple accounts.
- Store passwords in a safe place.
- Take advantage of multi-factor authentication when offered.
- Access code sent in a text message
- Security questions
Please watch these short videos on tips to help protect data and to create strong passwords.
Tips for email:
- Don’t be in a rush. Give yourself a few seconds to assess.
- Is the email expected?
- Is the email from someone I know and from their correct address?
- Is the email out of character for that person based on subject, spelling, grammatical errors, or time of day?
- Don’t fall to fear tactics, curiosity, or big promises.
- When in doubt, delete.
When reporting suspicious email to the tech department, please do not forward the email. Send a screen shot or detailed information (sender address, subject, day and time).