The Dodge City High School comprehensive school counseling program is working towards alignment with the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) national standards.We offer preventative services to help students meet academic, social/emotional, and career goals.
Academic: Our Student Service Center staff are available to facilitate academic and educational goals by assisting with:
- Individual Plans of Study
- Information on college preparatory testing (ACT/PSAT, etc)
- College Planning Conference
- Freshman Orientation
- Curriculum Fair
Social/Emotional: We offer responsive services to meet the needs of our students such as:
- short-term counseling (group and individual)
- Adulting Day
If we feel like a student is in need of outside resources, we will contact parents or guardians. School counseling is short-term as we are not trained to provide therapeutic services.
Career: Through Xello and other educational tools, Dodge City High School students will learn more about themselves by:
- taking interest/personality/learning style surveys
- explore career and post-secondary options in-depth
- update their Individual Plan of Study
- explore related occupations,
- plan post-secondary education and training
- search for scholarships
Parents have a tremendous impact on career planning for their student. Parents can view their child’s Xello dashboard and help their child with career planning by going to www.xello.com and using their student’s log in information.