Dodge City Public Schools is proud to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to complete an employee's compensation package.
Explore the benefits available either by benefit type or by staff group:
- Health Insurance – is partially self-funded by the district. Health insurance covers assorted medical expenses based on which plan you choose. Employees may choose from three health plans, with two levels to each of these plans: PPO and Non-PPO. A full-time employee receives a benefit toward the payment of this insurance premium. There is no cash-in-lieu for those who are eligible, but choose not to elect this benefit.
- Dental Insurance – is available to all employees based on employee job classification.
- Vision Insurance – is available to part-time and full-time employees as Supplemental Insurance
- KPERS – KPERS membership totals over 250,000 active, inactive and retired members that manages approximately $12 billion in assets for its member's benefit.
- 403(b) – tax sheltered annuities
- Leave – FMLA
- Supplemental Insurance – are available through financial and insurance partners to complement the health insurance and round out an employee's benefits package. Some examples include Short-Term Disability, Section 125 Medical Reimbursement Cafeteria Plan, and Life Insurance.
- Stafford Loan Forgiveness program for Teachers